Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Today's Lesson

Last week I lied. I said that I was going to spend the whole weekend cleaning out drawers and closets, and putting away things to use for crafty ventures, and generally getting rid of clutter. I did clean a drawer or two. And I bagged up some stuff to send to the neighbor kids. But I did not do the vigorous clean-up I had planned. Here's a shot of what I have saved for recycling. The stack has actually gotten bigger since this picture, I'm still picking at drawers and closets here and there:


The main culprit behind the lack of cleaning mojo? I'm blaming her:


The sock is moving along quickly, mostly because once I get going, I can't seem to put it down. It sucks me in, and all the cleaning nonsense no longer registers with my brain.

I've reached the split for the ankle, and I'm actually thinking about taking out a round or two, because I think I may have been so entranced by the sock that I went too far. I'm definitely going to need more yarn, which makes sense because crochet stitches use more yarn than knit stitches. I think this is why the sock seems to be thick to me. I've never actually seen a handknit sock in person (that I can remember, anyway), so I don't have much to compare to, but it seems thick to me. They will be warm, though, and I guess that's what counts.

So, the moral of the story is, don't say you're gonna clean when you know the sock is gonna take precedence. Honestly, did you really think I was gonna clean closets when it's Socktoberfest?! He, he, he.

No comments: