Saturday, March 05, 2005

Wonderful Weekend Ahead

Ah, the weekend is finally here! I'm excited to finally be able to sit at home for awhile and get some REAL work done. After my 7 hour shift tonight, I will have 24 blissful hours of crocheting and knitting ahead of me. Tomorrow is my first day off in almost two weeks and I plan to make the most of it.
My main goal is to finish Ambrielle's poncho so that I can start on Kiera's next week. I have 3 more rows of V-Stitch and a 4 round border left to go, and then I can sew the two pieces together and be done. I'm pretty proud of this one, it's coming along really well.
To break up the monotony, I'm practicing knitting new stitches by making squares to send to Major Knitter for her Warm Up America blankets. What better way to practice, help someone in need, and maybe win some great yarn all at the same time? I want to have at least 3 swatches to send to her, but Easter is fast approaching and I need to get things finished for that first. So much to do and not enough time off.

No comments: