Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Swatch, Bar Shawl

Overall, I had a pretty crappy day today. I won't share all of the ugly details, except to say that the last straw was discovering holes around the pockets of my favorite (and still fairly new) pair of jeans, which I happened to be wearing at the time. I needed some serious relaxation by the time the girls went to Grandma's house around 3. I used most of this afternoon to just that. This is what my ribbing swatch looks like now as a result:

Posted by Hello
I think it looks pretty darn good! I know, I know, there are some stitches that need tightening, and I probably screwed it up SOMEwhere, but I'm not in the mood to be picky about it tonight. I've been able to practice several techniques with this one, including ribbing, color-changes, and lots of ripping back. Unfortunately, it's not going to be done in time to send to Major Knitter for her Warm Up America project, so I'm not sure what I'll do with the swatch when it's done.
I also worked on my shawl, which I've dubbed the Bar Shawl. It's almost 2 feet from bottom center point to top center now. Pictures to come.

No comments: