Saturday, June 02, 2007

Pictureless Progress

I've been working on nothing but the Fire Blanket since I sent off the pet blankies to Holly, and my efforts are about to pay off. I'm 2/3 of the way done joining all the strips together, and then I plan to add a small border that wasn't included in the pattern instructions. WooHoo! Almost to the finish line! I absolutely HATE sewing squares or strips together, so I finally broke down and learned the Flat Braid joining method. Love it, love it, love it. It's not a whole lot faster than whipstitching, but it sure is less of a pain in the a**. And I'm crazy about the way it looks: a nice, flat, pretty little braid between strips instead of my uneven sewing. Looks good on the front and the back. I'm very pleased with how this blanket is coming together.

On the financial front, we just might be on the upswing around here, so a digital camera should be coming soon. I would love to have it in time to post pics of the FB as soon as it's done, but I'm not about to slow down on the blanket to wait for the camera. So there will be pictures, but probably not right away. For now, I'm going to clean up the house so that I can focus on joining strips when I get home from work. Have a great weekend, everybody!

No comments: