Sunday, January 21, 2007

I'm a Joiner

I've joined another KAL, the UFO challenge. The basic concept is, you pick a UFO out of your pile each month, and then try your hardest to finish it by the end of the month. I have a whole Rubbermaid tub full of things that I got tired of working on, so this one is perfect for me. And I'm getting so good at these KAL things, I already picked out my challenge project for January:


It's the pillow that I started for the Boyfriend for a Christmas gift. Obviously, I didn't finish in time. It's basically a bunch of little granny squares sewn into an "E", and I made enough to put E's on both sides, but I only got one side even close to done. I have about 6 or 7 spots to sew up on side 1, and the squares in the pic will become side 2. After the sewing of the squares is done, I'll crochet a border around each side, sew the two sides together, and pop a pillow form in. I'm pretty sure that I won't be able to finish by January 31. I'm starting a little late, but it gives me a goal to shoot for.

I think that it will be easy to incorporate the UFO challenge with Lolly's Project Spectrum throughout the year. I'm sure I have plenty of different-colored UFO's in that Rubbermaid tub, and I plan on busting through that whole tub this year. For now, I'm off to work on Boyfriend's pillow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah yes, the sewing part! Always a slowing point for me. Good luck on your UFO Kal. The pillow will look great when it's done. :o)