2007 is upon us. Many people are making lists of their resolutions, so I thought I would put my list out there, too. I prefer to call them "goals" rather than "resolutions", because I think it makes them stay fresh in my mind throughout the year. My list isn't long, but I think I put down all of the goals that I feel strongly about going in to the New Year. I hope I can look back one year from now and say that I accomplished everything that I set out to. And if I don't, it's something to keep working toward. So here's my list of to-do's for 2007:
- Spend as much time with the Munchkins as I possibly can.
- Work with the Munchkins more on things like the ABC's, counting, colors, shapes, and other preschool-type learning stuff. Munchkin #1 will most definitely start HeadStart in the fall, and I want her to be ready. Munchkin #2 won't be far behind!
- Take more time to appreciate the little things, those moments of my life which I will never be able to experience the same way twice, but will draw so much happiness from. A hug from one of the Munchkins, a cup of coffee with a friend. Sometimes I'm so caught up in the whirlwind of life that I forget to appreciate those little moments that make life worth living. I want to slow down a bit, and enjoy!
- Tell the Munchkins I love them more often. Give more hugs and more kisses.
- Pay down the debt I was left with after the divorce. Even if I can't pay the whole mess of it off this year, I can put a huge dent in it. The amount is easily manageable, by most standards, so a little will go a long way in this case.
- Save a little money for an emergency fund, and hopefully someday, the down-payment on a new car.
- Take a time-out for myself more often. A hot bubble bath, paint my nails, crochet in a quiet room for 10 minutes, have a cup of coffee and stare out the window in the morning. Anything to relax and refresh me.
- Always be grateful for how blessed the Munchkins and I truly are. Friends, family, good health, a warm home, and best of all each other. We have come so far in the last couple of years. Always be grateful.
That's it. That's my list for 2007. The Munchkins and I wish everyone a safe, fun, and happy New Year, and hope that you all feel as blessed as we do throughout 2007.