Monday, November 06, 2006

Socktoberfest Wrap-Up

(It took me forever to getting around to this post. I think I may have been putting it off subconciously. Or maybe I really just didn't have the time or patience for Blogger.)

First off, THANK YOU to Lolly for hosting such a great web event. Tutorials, socks, interviews, socks, pictures, tons of links, and socks! Lolly put so much time and effort into this, and I hope she enjoyed it as much as we all did. I have learned so much about knitting and crocheting socks, even though I didn't finish one pair. :( The Flickr gallery for Socktoberfest is amazing, and if you haven't checked it out, you really should. What a month!

I may not have finished my first socks, but I really did make good progress on them. I finished the toe and foot of sock one and the toe and most of the foot of sock two by the last day of October. See?


This is my first pair of adult crocheted socks ever, and I'm just kinda winging it, so I need more yarn to finish them, there is not much left of the two balls I started with. (I have big feet.) I'm going as far as the rest of the foot on sock 2, and then they will go into the UFO's bin until I get more yarn to finish them. My new goal is to have them done in time for Socktoberfest 2007!

The best thing about Socktoberfest has been the enormous inspiration I have taken from all the tutorials and pictures. Since Socktoberfest began, I've been practicing away at knitting on DPN's, something I had never done before. I'm getting the hang of it, maybe. I really want to knit my next pair of socks, and I'm planning on buying extra yarn this time. I'd like to have a pair of hand-knit socks and a pair of crocheted socks by Socktoberfest next year. Think I can do it? I DO!

P. S. Check out my pics at the all new Yahoo! Photos. I think it is similar to Flickr's layout (which I still haven't downloaded). I updated my albums at Yahoo! after the switch so there are lots of new pics there.

No comments: