Here's the yarn I'll be using for my Socktoberfest socks. I thought it looked very pretty posed next to these beautiful wildflowers that have escaped the flowerbed.
See the flowerbed, in the left upperhand corner? That's where the stem of the plant is, but it just keeps getting bigger, and bigger, and longer, and now the flowers hang out of the bed. I'm afraid the guy who mows the grass is going to cut them off. Now that would be a tragedy, cuz these are some of the best looking flowers I've had all year long. And they match my soon to be socks perfectly.
Here's the yarn resting in the arms of Frankenstein (we've been hanging up our Halloween decorations). I thought this pic was appropriate since it is Socktoberfest, after all. It rather looks like ole Frankie has a secret plan to run away with my sock yarn!
I guess this would not be such a great travesty, because my progress thus far is nil. Zilch. Nada. I have managed to find one crocheted sock pattern so far that uses actual sock yarn rather than worsted weight. It's the In Your Shoes Ankle Socks pattern from Crochet Me. A nice-looking pattern, but I'm not sure it's what I'm looking for. I have rather large feet, see, and I want to make sure that those two little balls of pink goodness are going to make it through the whole pair of socks. And the instructions are not really clear on how to adjust the pattern for your size foot. It's one possibility, and I'm not giving up. I'll keep looking until I find just the right pattern, or figure out how to adjust this one. I'm fully dedicated to seeing this project all the way through, and to finishing on time. Let the games begin!