Saturday, October 07, 2006

Crochet Sock Patterns and Ideas

I've spent the last couple of days researching crocheted socks (in between the closet-cleaning). I put together a list of some of what I found, for anyone else who might be interested in crocheting their Socktoberfest socks.

  • Toe-Up Crocheted Socks- I've only looked through this pattern so far, but it seems to be very easy to adapt.
  • Amanda's Weekly Zen- Scroll down to the Sept. 4th and 16th entries for some inspiration.
    Crocheted Toe-Up Baby Socks- These are sooo cute! Great for using up leftovers.
    Brown Shell Socks- These use more yarn than I have for my Socktoberfest socks.
  • Hot Pink Crocheted Socks- These socks at Knitmodo and Crochetmodo don't have a pattern but they are great for inspiration.
  • Many people have also suggested or mentioned the book Crocheted Socks! by Janet Rehfeldt and Mary Jane Wood. I checked it out at Amazon and it looks like it would be a good resource, but I can't really afford it right now. Eh, maybe someday.

I'm contemplating the notion of giving up Socktoberfest socks for myself. I'm afraid that my two 50g skeins of yarn won't be enough. I could make a pair of socks for each of the girls, though. Or, I could try to adapt some of the things I've found into a toe-up pattern of sorts and just crochet until I run out of yarn. I'm still deciding. I'm going to run out of time if I don't speed it up.

No comments: