Thursday, September 28, 2006

A Little Quickie

I had a little spare time yesterday between work and making supper, so I decided to try out a couple of my new toys from Jo-Ann's, namely my new cutting mat and pinking shears. Here are the results:


A cute little pillow to adorn my bed! Pretty simple, really. I cut out two 16x16 squares of anti-pill fleece and sewed them together, right sides out, leaving a 2 and 1/2 inch border all the way around. I sewed around it twice for durability, leaving about a 3 inch opening for the stuffing. After I stuffed it I pushed the filling down and pinned it that way so that I could fit the pillow back under the foot of the sewing machine, and closed it up. I cut the border into fringe with my fancy-schmancy pinking shears and tied them into little knots. Voila! Pretty little pillow for my bed. My only complaint is that I didn't have enough fleece to make a bigger pillow. Oh well, when I'm ready to make the huge version of this pillow, I'll know exactly what to do!

No comments: