Friday, July 08, 2005

Progress Report

I haven't been posting too much lately because I've had a lot of crazy personal sludge to deal with in the last couple of weeks, but I have been "hookin and loopin" (aka knitting and crocheting, for those who don't know) through it all. Thank goodness for my crafts, they really do keep me sane when I'm having a rough time with life. A lot of people probably don't understand my obsession with yarn and beads and making stuff, but focusing on a project really helps me to clear my head and think things through. So, along with all the pondering I've been doing, I've also been working on several projects.
  • Birthday Blanket is now about 2 to 2 and a half feet square. I only have 2 working days left to finish, so BB may turn out to be a little small. I'm going to bust my arse to put another 6 inches or so on before I weave in the ends.
  • My Big Bird yellow scarf is almost 2 feet long now! I've been taking it in the car with me, to work on while I'm waiting or when Hubbie is driving. No rush, I have until Christmas to finish.
  • I haven't picked up the baby hat, and I haven't woven the ends into the baby socks. This project needs some TLC real soon.
  • Anita sent out the Stitch Marker Swap partners last week, so I've been reading my 3 partners' blogs. I still haven't made any decisions about what kind of markers I would like to do, but the creative juices are flowing.

I will take pictures of the Birthday Blanket with the birthday girl, and post them as soon as I can get them developed. I hope everyone has a good weekend!

No comments: