Tuesday, June 14, 2005

A Moment of Peace

It is very quiet here right now. Almost too quiet. The girls are playing in their room (together! Without trying to kill each other! Amazing.) This past weekend was a hectic one for us, with the wedding, our work schedules, and a side project that Hubbie is working on. There has been no time for blogging and very little for being crafty.
The only thing I'm truly working on right now is a granny square baby blanket, for a friend of a friend. I really love the way it's coming along. I didn't use a pattern, but it's pretty basic, probably too basic to call my own. At some point I plan to sit down and type out exactly what I did, for my own reference if nothing else. I've been carrying the whole blanket around with me everywhere I go, so that I can work on it in any spare moments.
Despite my lack of time, I haven't forgotten about all of the other projects that I was working on before the wedding gift rush. They're just back-burnered for the moment, sitting in a cute basket next to my bed, waiting for me to pick one of them up again. Soon, my little projects, soon. For now I must get back to the girls, and the housework.

No comments: