Sunday, May 08, 2005

Happy Mom's Day!....

...to my Mom and to mothers everywhere. I've had an absolutely wonderful day (other than having to be at work for two and a half hours). Dear Hubby took care of everything, starting with very cute cards and cleaning the house while I was gone, to cooking supper, to bathing the kids. It was awesome. Score points for Dear Hubby!
I gave my mom a card and the bookmark I made for her:


The Crochet Dude's Gingko Bookmark Posted by Hello

I'm not the biggest fan of thread projects because they take so long, the thread is teeny-tiny, etc, etc. I liked this bookmark though, mostly because I finished it in about an hour and a half, and my mom loved it too. You can find the pattern at The Crochet Dude's site. I used a ball of thread I dug out of my stash, and a size 5 hook. I also changed the last round of the border, chaining 2 and single crocheting into every other stitch instead of every one. Shout out to the Crochet Dude! Great job on this one.

1 comment:

~drew emborsky~ said...

Excellent!! The bookmark looks fantastic!