Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Details, Details!

Project Specs

Siren Makeup Bag
Yarn: Moda Dea Cache in Siren
Pattern: This is my first original knitting design. I think it turned out fairly well for a first go, but there are things about this bag that I would tweak.
Overall impressions: The Cache yarn is very nice. I wouldn't use it for anything worn close to the skin, because due to it's thin and thick, bulky texture it is a bit rough. This makes it perfect for bags, purses, and other accessories, however. I have about a third of a skein left, which I bought at Village Crafts with a 40% off coupon. Button and all this bag cost less than $4.50 to make. Not bad.
Despite the small adjustments that need to be made to the bag, such as the width of the flap after seaming, I like the bag and it's fun to take along in my purse. I've already had a few compliments. These bags may pop up again for Christmas gifts and the like, reincarnated with different yarns, needles, and buttons.


Siren Bag Open Posted by Hello


Siren Bag Back Posted by Hello

No comments: