Tuesday, May 29, 2007

I NEED To Be Crafty

Have you ever sat down at the end of a long, curve-ball throwing, stressful day and just wanted to make something? That's how I feel right now. This day has seemed to be the day that just wouldn't quit throwing punches. Now that the Munchkins are in bed sleeping, I should probably do the same. But all I really want to do is sit down and crochet something, or get out the sewing machine.

I don't know if it's the same for everyone (it is for some), but being crafty is super therapeutic for me. Working even just a few stitches of an afghan at the end of the evening makes me feel like I did something productive, even if I ran circles around myself for the rest of the day. And today, I definitely "chased my own tail" quite a bit. So I'm off to work on the Fire Blanket. It's almost done, too. Big difference from when I first posted about it. Maybe I can make some real progress, and that will clear my mind so that I can sleep tonight instead of stressing, tossing, and turning.

Do the rest of you do this too, or is it just me? Do you turn to your crafty projects at the end of the day for de-stressing? I know that I can't possibly be the only one. Tell me what you do at the end of the day to de-stress, I want to hear what everyone else thinks.

No comments: