Tuesday, February 13, 2007

5 Things

1) No, the computer is not broken again. I just haven't felt like blogging, to be honest. The Munchkins and I are all battling Round 2 of this year's SuperCold. When I feel crappy, I would much rather crochet than type. To that effect, I've gotten quite a bit of crocheting done. Other than that, not much is getting done around here.

2)The Bears poncho. I still haven't taken pictures of that, have I? (I haven't put the "C" on, either.) To tide you over, I give you this, taken a couple of days before the big game:



I will get around to taking pics of the finished project, I swear. I might wait until I attach that "C", though.

3)I've finally spent some time sewing on my January UFO Challenge project. It's now my project for February, but I plan on squeezing in another little something for the challenge towards the end of the month.



I'm almost finished with both sides now. It's just so much sewing!

4)


I'm working on some pet blankies to send over to HollYarns for Cyrano's Creature Comforts Drive. I have to admit, I was first drawn in by the gorgeous prizes, but I did resolve to craft more for charity this year. So, it's the best of both worlds. A friend from work gifted me with a shopping bag full of acrylic and fur yarns last week, and I've already finished a 16x16 blankie out of some of the acrylic for one lucky homeless animal. I'll be making more and sending them her way.

5) Here's a little sneak peek of something yummy that I'm working on for someone special:



Can you guess what it is?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so delighted to know that you have made a 16x16 blanket. There are some small dogs and bigger cats out there who will really appreciate the bit bigger size. I put that down in the post because I had receive one blanket that was barely 10x10 and was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to small for anything but a kitten. Thank you so much for taking the time to make something for my drive. It means a lot to me that people are making things for this drive as it helps me feel a bit better about losing my dear Cyrano when I think about all the animals that'll be a bit comfier.
Have a splendid weekend,