Thursday, January 11, 2007

DPN Practice

(Something about that title just sounded funny to me. OH! We're off to DPN practice! Anyway.)

Lolly posted today about Someday Projects, which got me to thinking all over again about how I want to be able to knit socks for Socktoberfest 2007. (Let's not talk about 2006's unfinished crochet socks. I still need more yarn, people!) I've practiced knitting a little on the DPN's, but it's been a while and I really should pick them up again.

Right now I'm obsessed with making the little preemie hats. I can't seem to put them down. I think I've made at least one a day for the past week now, and I've almost filled a gallon-size zipper baggie. Yay, me! But I need some variation, something to mix it up a little before I get bored. So, I want to knit some preemie hats. This will serve double-duty: I'll be practicing on the DPN's, and making more hats. Perfect. Now I just need to find a pattern. Anyone have any suggestions?

No comments: