Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Gettin' Geared Up

I know I said that I wasn't going to even think about Thanksgiving until today, but let's be realistic. You can't get everything ready the day before. So I've been doing a little prepping behind the scenes here. I did all but a small bit of the grocery shopping, including a 22-lb turkey. Start big, right? Here's the menu I have planned:
  • Turkey
  • Stuffing
  • Mashed Potatoes
  • Gravy
  • Corn on the Cob
  • Green Beans
  • Brocolli, Cheese, and Rice Bake
  • Macaroni and Cheese
  • Rolls
  • Pumpkin Pie for dessert

I still have to shop for a couple of things, and I may decide to add more things to the menu. I know I left out some of the traditional stuff, like sweet potato pie and cranberry sauce, but I'm trying to keep things simple and easy. This will be the first time I've actually been in charge of cooking the big family meal, so I don't want to screw it up. Simple and easy will definitely be the way to go. Less stressful!

I'm going to get a head start tonight, and make everything I can then. That way I can just pop some things in the oven to reheat, making things even simpler. Oooh, I better get to it. Happy Turkey Day, everyone!

No comments: