Thursday, October 19, 2006

Fall Has Arrived!

It's really starting to get cold here. Typical highs in the mid-40's, brrrr! I love fall but I'm not crazy about cold. Yesterday I caught the windows fogging up, just from cooking a pot of macaroni and cheese.

Blogger is being a butt. It took me all day to get this post up, and today is the 20th, not the 19th!

I've been working on these blankets for over a year now, really. I started on the yellow one last fall, and cut the green one to the same size at that time. I worked on the yellow one here and there, with the intent of giving the blankets to the girls for Christmas.




I didn't finish in time for Christmas. Not even close. I made it about half-way around the yellow one, and when Christmas passed, I stuffed them in a Rubbermaid tote, which I am prone to do with projects I am pissed off at. I pulled them back out last week and set to work finishing them up. It amazed me how quickly they went this time. (I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the fancy fabric scissors I bought on sale at JoAnn's.) I learned so much from the first blanket that I did the whole lime green blanket in two short evenings. Now that I've got the hang of it, I expect I'll be making quite a few more of these fringed blankets. These two Spongebob blankets will now fulfill their destiny under this year's Christmas tree, wrapped up for Kassi and Laynie.

Lest you think I have only tied together a couple blankies over the past week, I took this pic of all my other current projects. On the left are my Socktoberfest socks, they are growing bit by little bit. On the right is a scarf crocheted from Red Heart Symphony, I still need to fringe the other end.



And in the middle is a ball of JoAnn Sensations Rainbow Boucle and the pattern that I hand-copied from the Internet yesterday. It will become the Serafina Shawl, for a Christmas present. I spent a lot of time searching the Internet yesterday for just the right pattern, and this one came up again and again, so this one it shall be!

No comments: