Thursday, June 16, 2005

It's the Newest Craze!

The first blog I read every morning (OK, every time I log on) is Crazy Aunt Purl. She is the funniest, cutest knitblogger I can think of, and everyone should hop on over to her site and give her some blog love. She deserves it. Why? Because Aunt Purl has started the newest craze. It's gonna sweep the the blogging world. It will be the next Clapotis. It's Crazy Aunt Purl's Magic Scarf, and I'm makin' one.


The Magic Scarf Posted by Hello

You can find the recipe to make your own Magic Scarf here. And just for inspiration, here's Drew the Crochet Dude's version (and awesome self portrait). I think mine looks great even though my gauge sucks. Switching from knit to purl is something I'm going to have to improve on, a lot. Also, you can't tell from the picture, but the yarn is really more of a orangey, buttered popcorn yellow than the Big Bird yellow it looks like here. Much yummier. I think I will begift this scarf to someone for Christmas.
So everybody jump on the bandwagon and make a Magic Scarf. It can be interpreted in endless ways, and I can't wait to see what people will come up with. Be creative! Go with the flow! Yada, yada, yada......

1 comment:

~drew emborsky~ said...

The big yellow bird is lookin' good!

PS: my link isn't working... =(