Saturday, April 16, 2005

A Sigh of Relief

It is such a relief for this weekend to finally be here. Between Sami's bridal shower this morning and Tax Day yesterday, I was highly stressed out and very busy throughout the week. I finished our taxes on Thursday night and mailed them yesterday, went grocery shopping (a two and a half hour venture) and then worked on Sami's Pampered Bride pack until about 1 o'clock this morning. I finished it up right before I left for the shower. Here's what I put in the cute little basket I found at Wal-Mart:
  • bath poof from Crochet Me
  • butterfly washcloth
  • knitted makeup bag/ hot-cold pack cover
  • a candle
  • a sample pack of Celestial Seasonings tea
  • sunflower scented lotion
  • sunfloer scented soap

a card with the following poem: "Cupid's work is almost done; Sami and Rob will soon be one; but before that Golden Hour; pamper yourself with gifts from the shower." My husband adapted it from a website that I would love to credit, but he doesn't remember which one. (Need we ask if he bookmarked it? I think not.)

The package was liked, as evidenced by the ooh's and aah's, but there weren't nearly enough for the week and a half's worth of work and late nights I put in on it. Such is the nature of giving handmade gifts. I am not greedy, I don't need the attention, and I'm sure I'll get a lovely card and a thank you in person at work. But I busted my arse on this one. Anyway, it was a nice shower, and Sami glowed. I'm happy that she's happy, they make a great couple. Sami and Rob, I wish much happiness and love! (And babies soon!)

No comments: